Clodagh McKenna’s Delicious Greene Farm Mexi Chick Salad
Summer is the season for dining al fresco and Greene Farm’s delicious Mexi Chick Salad is the perfect spread to enjoy in the sun. Created by Greene Farm ambassador, Clodagh McKenna, the mouthwatering dish includes hand prepared Greene Farm chicken, which is made from 100% natural ingredients and free from additives, allergens and gluten. Clodagh teamed up with Greene Farm to launch the #TakeBackLunch campaign, which aims to change Ireland’s lunch time habits and encourage the nation to make the most of their lunch break.
Top tips, recipes and ideas can be found on the Greene Farm Facebook page or under the hashtag #TakeBackLunch.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 packets of Greene Farm Hand Prepared Chicken Breast
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g red onion, diced
- 2 small avocados, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 200g romaine lettuce
- 32 large corn tortilla chips (unsalted or salted)
- Lime, coriander and jalapeño vinaigrette
- 4 tbsps freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño chilies (seeds removed), finely diced
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Start by making the lime, coriander and jalapeño vinaigrette. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together and set aside.
In a large bowl, place Greene Farm Hand Prepared Chicken Breast, halved tomatoes, diced red onion, avocado, and romaine. Then pour over the dressing and toss the salad lightly.
Divide the dressed salad into 4 bowls and just before serving place the tortilla chips around the edge of each bowl.
Serve and enjoy!
Greene Farm is available from supermarkets and convenience stores nationwide. Visit www.greenefarmfinefoods.com for more information or get involved on social media using #TakeBackLunch.