Sriracha Chicken Chickpea Salad
This recipe is HIGH IN PROTEIN.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1 packet Greene Farm Sriracha Mini Chicken Fillets
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or 1 tbsp lemon and 1 tbsp water)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- To serve: pitta bread and greek yoghurt (optional)
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl. Scatter over all the spices and the olive oil and toss to coat. Transfer onto a lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and herbs. Add some dressing and toss.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl. Top with the cooked chickpeas and the Greene Farm Sriracha Mini Chicken Fillets and drizzle some more dressing.
- Serve immediately with a side of yoghurt and pitta bread if desired.
Watch our method video...